At Symphony, we believe that innovation is the process by which
businesses improve their competitiveness and productivity through
the continual adoption of relevant new processes and ideas. We
have built in an ideology of changing and improving existing processes
through innovative ideas within our process framework. These ideas
are driven by inputs from customers and internal practitioner
communities, and by analysis of quantified process performance
Symphony has a unique process model that inspires engineers to
improve the way they conduct their daily professional lives. The
key differentiator of our process framework is that it caters
to the product development outsourcing scenario and not just IT
project development. It also integrates seamlessly with customer-centric
processes. Symphony Services has been assessed at Maturity Level
4 of the SEI-CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration, Version
1.1) for Software, by QAI, India.
Engineering Process Group (EPG)
EPG is an innovative group of specialists, who facilitate the
definition, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of software
processes that are used to deliver technology solutions. The process
group is not part of product development but comprises a team
of experienced software engineering practitioners. EPG works with
groups and individuals of the practitioner community of our organization,
to look at the specific contributors to process improvement efforts.
The Engineering Process Group:
- Obtains and maintains the support of all levels of management.
- Facilitates software process assessments.
- Works with project managers whose product releases are affected
by changes in software engineering practice, provides a broad
perspective of the improvement effort and helps them set expectations.
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with software
engineers, especially to obtain, plan for, and install new practices
- Arranges for any training or continuing education related
to process improvements.
- Tracks, monitors, and reports the status of particular improvement
- Facilitates the creation and maintenance of process definitions,
in collaboration with managers and engineering staff.
- Maintains a process database.
- Provides process consultation to product teams and management.