Senior Engineer – Testing (Performance, Java)
- QA Engineer responsible for designing, developing, and executing tests for products & offerings for the storage management applications area. The position will require designing test configurations, writing test plans, implementing and executing both automated and manual tests, text execution and results reporting, and working with developers and partners to resolve problems. Products you test are enterprise level and will be used by customers on a daily basis and are essential to their business.
- Design, develop, and execute testing methodologies, test cases, and test automation of products & offerings.
- Report test results and recommend enhancements.
- Ability to work on challenging and complex problems at a systems and application level.
- Work in cross-functional teams that include other quality assurance engineers, software developers, technical writers and customer support.
- General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Expertise in product development life cycles, test methodology and risk analysis.
- Ability to interact with development leads and with product management to understand the functionality. Strong capability for designing and writing test procedures based on PRD.
- Experience with performance testing and benchmarking initiatives in an enterprise product will be a plus. Multi-dimensional database experience will be preferable.
- Highly skilled in RDBMS and web technologies. Strong technical experience with Java, application server, and database technology, sufficient to administer and configure test environments.
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Windows 2000, Windows XP, AIX, Solaris, Linux, etc.). Ability to install and configure application servers and web servers (Web logic, Web sphere, Tomcat, IIS, etc.) and RDBMS (Oracle 9i, DB2, SQL Server)
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as a team member as well as individual contributor
- Desirable: Experience with testing financial software.
Please submit your CV/Resume indicating reference code: 855Monday, January 16, 2006
- B.E. /B. Tech/M.E. /M. Tech in Engineering from reputed institutions/universities with an overall aggregate of 60% (From the branches of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications and Information Technology).
Copyright © 2006 Symphony Service, Corp. All Rights Reserved.